Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pre-Departure Anxiety

Welcome all to my blog!
My goal is to post at least once a week with an update on my study abroad experience in Quito, Ecuador for any and all to see. At this point I am exhausted from a day of packing and visiting friends. I should be getting my beauty rest soon, but I will definitely be sleeping on the plane.

Some Logistical Info you should know:

  1. I'm flying out of Atlanta,GA tomorrow/today at 10:55am. I'll arrive in Miami,FL shortly after 12 and then at 5:40 I will be on my flight to Quito,Ecuador with my travel buddy Chisara Ezie.
  2. I'm studying abroad with International Partnerships for Service-Learning and Leadership or IPSL for short.
  3. I'll be taking 12 or 15 credit hours at La Universidad de San Francisco de Quito...and NO there is no affiliation with San Francisco,CA!
  4. I'm a 20 yr old Junior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) seeking a BA African-American Studies and a minor in Spanish and English.
There will be more to come later. I'm going to sleep for a good two hours and then hit the road to Atlanta with the parents to send me off. Wish me Luck!!!

No comments: