Thursday, March 20, 2008

What I´m Doing and Where I´m Going for Spring Break aka. Semana Santa

So we have a good week and a half break for Semana Santa(Pascua====>Easter)....



I will be flying now out of Quito tomorrow morning to Guayaquil, the most important port city in Ecuador. From there me and 4 friends will be taking a flight at 7pm to Lima,Peru where we will be meeting up with professor Florencio Delgado who is the prof. for Arqueaologia Andina. Chisara and I are not in the class but our other two friends are. Us 4 will be accompanying another 10ish students for the trip.

The flight was only $60 as opposed to a 10hr $10 bus ride. While 50 is a lot because of the heavy and unusual amount of rain that Ecuador has experienced over the past month there have been alot of derrumbes or mudslides that have really damaged the carreteras or highways which are already dangerous because they all traverse the Andes Mountains. We, as a 4 person group, decided our lives were worth an extra $50 bus ride.

We will spend a couple of days in Lima before boarding on a 20hr bus ride from Lima to Cuzco. Cuzco is the colonial town and former capital of the Incan empire before Francisco Pizzarro burned it down and built the Spanish city that stands today. From there we will travel to Aguas Calientes which is the city right below Machu Picchu before going up into the city!



All in all I´ll be gone from the 21 to the 31 of March!



I´ll have a blog to update the Semana Santa trip upon my return.

wish me luck

Teddy



Below is a pic of where I have been in red. Where I will be flying tomorrow in Blue. And in green a colonial city called Cuenca that I plan on travelling to in bus sometime in April.

No comments: